This article describes how to fix the installation problem on Windows if you are encountering the following error message and not able to complete the Pixlr installation.
This is due to a conflict with a recent Microsoft security update (KB2918614).
To fix this, you will have to uninstall the Microsoft security update before installing Pixlr and updating Windows to reacquire the security update.
1. Open an Explorer window by hitting WIN key + E on your keyboard or in your START search type explorer.
2. Switch views to list installed updates.
WINDOWS 7: In the Explorer window, from the menu bar, select Uninstall or change a program. In the side bar, select View installed updates.
WINDOWS 8: In the Explorer window, from the main menu, select Computer - Uninstall or change a program. In the side bar, select View installed updates.
3. In the search field at the top right of the Explorer window, type KB2918614
4. Once you have Security Update KB2918614, select it and click Uninstall.
5. After KB2918614 has been uninstalled, restart your computer.
6. After restarting Windows, you should now be able to successfully install Pixlr Desktop for Windows.
7. After installing Pixlr, if you have not already, update Windows to restore Security Update KB2918614.
WINDOWS 7: Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
WINDOWS 8: Using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, then click Search. Enter Windows Update in the search box and then tap or click Settings.
Once you have updated Windows, you are now ready to use Pixlr.